Friday, January 2, 2009

Before the story begins

It's saturday night in Colorado, we are finishing up 10 days up here and the ski weather has been absolutely incredible on the slopes. Not that I would know as I didn't ski. I knew the weight I put on would make it just no fun, out of breath and extremely painful. I look back while looking forward and know that I am going to a better place. Last January I had lost 30 lbs and remember how I felt. I look forward to that same feeling again and even more. Losing weight seems to be for me a mental game I play with myself. So in a few days I will embark on a journey not to find myself, but to become the person I should be. To not use food as a way to comfort me and hide behind.

No one made me this way, I let myself become this. I am doing this for me. I pray God will guide me, protect me and let me be used by Him to be a reflection of His grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment